Are you a finance whizz?
Wherewolf is looking for a highly motivated Management Accountant to perform tasks and duties related to the successful daily operations of the finance function of the business with a focus on cash flows, sales and accounts receivable collections, supplier payments, HR and payroll.
We are looking for a Full Time Management Accountant to join our team based in the centre of Queenstown, with salary between $50,000 and $59,999.
The Management Accountant will be an integral part of the Wherewolf team and will be required to work closely with management, the sales team, the software development team and Deloitte who provide virtual CFO services. The Management Accountant will be responsible for daily finance operations, providing timely information on cash flows and analysis and insight on the business’s financial performance and position. Strong communication skills are vital to this role.
The Management Accountant will be responsible for a wide range of tasks including:
- Daily Xero coding and data capture
- Management of business cash flows
- Credit control over the debtors ledger
- Payroll duties
- Preparation of monthly accounts, meeting strict cut-off and reporting timelines
- Liaising with external financial service providers; and
The Management Accountant role will grow with the business, with the key emphasis placed on efficiency and timeliness in the administration and finance tasks within the business.
Required Qualifications, Experience and Skills
The Management Accountant should have the following qualifications / experience required for the job:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience (ideally as management accountant role), we note experience working in technology/app development industry and with Xero accounting software experience is desirable
- Management reporting and monthly cut-off experience
- Office organisation / administration experience
- Customer service understanding and experience
- Effective working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Office and Outlook
The Management Accountant should display the following interpersonal skills:
- Able to completing tasks accurately, efficiently and within deadlines
- Self-motivated and able to work unsupervised
- A highly effective communicator with colleagues, management and other internal contacts
- A highly effective and professional communicator with customers, prospects and external contacts
- Ability to work in a team
- Flexible and adaptive to changing demands, willing to support team members during times of high demand
- Develop and apply effective systems and checklists to ensure business objectives are met
- Seek out more efficient ways of working and champion their implementation for others
- Consistently portray a positive impression
- Remain calm, productive and focused in pressured situations
- Work hard to create and maintain positive work relationships
- Desire continuous personal development
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.