Got great phone skills and a panache to pursuade? We’re hiring!
So here’s the deal, we are rapidly expanding our business and are looking for a handful of dynamic personalities to help introduce Wherewolf to adventure tourism operators around the globe.
Our Business Development Associate role is an incredible opportunity to work part-time in our Queenstown office and get your foot in the door at a company that is expanding internationally at a rapid pace.
So what’s the gig?
You’ll work 4-5 days per week for shifts of 3 hours making outbound calls to adventure tourism operators in Australia, New Zealand, the U.S., Canada and beyond. Using a finely honed script and some ongoing training, your job is to call an ever growing list of tourism operators and introduce them to Wherewolf.
Each time you convince a decision maker at one of our targeted businesses to agree to a demo via Web Conference of our product (that they complete), you’ll receive a small bonus in addition to your hourly wage.
In an average day you’ll call 30-40 operators with a goal of booking 3-4 demos per day. We pay $17 per hour PLUS performance bonuses.
Shifts start as early as 7 a.m. and always end by 5 p.m. All shifts are three hours per day – and you will be scheduled two weeks in advance so you can plan accordingly.
Are you qualified?
What does it take to be a great Business Development Associate? You need two key skills:
- Ability to confidently navigate a sales conversation over the phone with someone you don’t know
- Strong ability to convert a conversation into an action while building enthusiasm for our product offering.
- You have a valid work visa or are an NZ resident.
And if we were to add a fourth, it’s the ability to draft clear, concise and grammatically correct emails to follow-up on your call.
You don’t need a college degree. You DO need the ability to think on your feet and maintain a positive, friendly attitude with every call.
How does the interview process work?
Here is what to expect:
- If you think you’d be awesome in this job – apply via the form below. Be sure to answer every question.
- We will review your initial answers and determine if we’d like to conduct a phone interview.
- An email will come to you that includes 5 important interview questions that you will be expected to have prepared for during your phone interview along with a scheduled time.
- We’ll have a brief, structured phone interview to test your capabilities of speaking on the phone.
- If we like what we heard, you’ll receive an invitation to an in-person interview at our offices in Queenstown.
- From there, the obvious processes happen. We’re looking to bring people on quickly, so expect action not delays.